PHYSICIAN POSITION DESCRIPTION
- Provide medical care for patients
- Work collaboratively with healthcare providers and other responders
- Ensure your knowledge of the assigned role and responsibility by referencing the Job Action Sheet and other resources.
- Ensure the work environment is free of hazards that may impede the safety of patients and those working within the treatment areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient status and medical records
- Adhere to the IMERT Code of Conduct
- Utilizes established communication channels/chain of command Receive, coordinate, and forward requests resources to the designated
- Participate in briefings and meetings as requested during a deployment or training
- Provide feedback for post-event evaluations.
- Participate in stress management as directed after returning from a deployment.
Must be physically fit to handle the rigors of disaster or training event environments. Expected rigors may include; standing for extended periods, walking a mile, enduring austere environments, and the set-up and demobilization of the designated treatment areas.
Requirements to Maintain Active Deployment Status
- Participate in two trainings a year; at least one of these must be face-to-face. For the second training, members may participate in any sponsored exercises, drills (including communication drills) or online training modules.
- It is imperative that deployed members are in good health and able to withstand the rigors of the anticipated conditions. When reporting for a deployment, all members will receive a brief medical exam including having vitals checked. Deployment clearance may be withheld at the discretion of the ranking medical officer or designee.