The Logistics Specialist is responsible for assisting in providing logistical support.
Description of Duties
- Assist members of the Illinois Medical Emergency Response Team (IMERT) .
- Assist with or procure transportation, operations and support equipment as needed by AOC/FAOC during deployment
- Assist members of the IMERT in deploying and erecting team assets.
- Assist members of the IMERT during triage and transportation of victims
- Function as safety observers for IMERT members during rescue operations and report safety concerns immediately to IMERT on-site Administrator, Team Leader or Safety Officer
- Provide security for the IMERT while deployed in the field
- Assist with various equipment setup and operation (i.e.: generators, lighting, etc.), with qualified operators
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Possess good verbal skills when dealing with the public
- Be able to maintain composure during high stress situations
- Be current in CPR training
- Be current in First Aid training
- Possess ICS training
- Meet the moderate physical fitness requirement
- Be physically capable of lifting and carrying heavy objects
- Be physically capable of walking over rough terrain to remote site
- Be familiar in the proper use of or current procedures in:
- various power tools (i.e.: generators, lighting, etc.)
- various rope knots used in rescue work.
- various types of maps (i.e.; aerial, topographical, mercator).
- lensatic compasses for use in land navigation.
- Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment.
- traffic control and proper crowd control
- radio communications techniques
- Complete Basic ICS training
- Complete WMD/mass casualty educational session
- Complete NIMS training